The materials we use to manufacture the silos are:
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel AISI 304 for standard solutions and AISI 316L for food, pharmaceutical or fine chemical applications
- GRP (glass fibre reinforced plastic) for volumes up to 1500 m3
- Trevira type textiles, up to 100 m3
1. Special silo for fibres, with apparent density between 50 and 100 g/dm3 and fibre lengths between 10-30 mm, we will use a cylindrical section silo with a flat bottom, with a central agitator and a scraper whose mission is to dose the material to the screw conveyor for its extraction. We can equip this silo with up to three screw conveyors, each with its own discharge mouth. This type of silo can also be used for some types of powders and flakes.
2. Mixing silos, also called homogenisers. We can use them with a cylindrical or rectangular section and they are generally used in the supply phase and in the finished product phase. In the supply phase, they are used to homogenise the product before consumption or transformation, and finally, in the finished product phase, they are used to homogenise the product before delivery to the customer or bagging.
“Depending on the size, this type of silos has the advantage of covering two tasks, storage and homogenisation.”
“We offer modular silos with the electric motors integrated in the silo itself, and also cylindrical silos with different internal geometries that allow us, by means of an external drive, to re-circulate the product as many times as necessary to achieve the optimum level of homogenisation.”
“Our offer includes silos with up to three chambers, silos with reinforced or non-reinforced skirt for the placement of load cells and silos with a self-supporting structure. Any of our silos can be equipped with symmetrical or asymmetrical cones, conical trunk, pyramidal trunk, or square base.”